Menu
Brett8
Joining in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Broadband

Virgin Internet is terrible I have 350 , it’s so slow and when I’m on my mobile well I cannot even talk for more than 2 secs without being a an awful line then it just cuts off , my wife even has a Virgin mobile and it’s exactly the same. We have boosters as well which do absolutely nothing all we keep doing is resetting the router hoping it will be ok but it never is and when you have you kids that want to watch iPads or play switch etc it’s not good , STRESS , nothing is ever done to rectify this all Virgin say when you have called them a 100 times is rest your router and when you complain they just offer a discount absolute shambles , am I the only one facing these issue’s? Would love to hear anyone experiencing the same  

0 Kudos
Joe456
Just joined
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Broadband

I’m having issues too, no broadband after receiving new hub. I told them it wasn’t the hub. Cant be bothered anymore, stopping direct debit and going to BT

0 Kudos
Brett8
Joining in
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Don’t blame you mate it drives me mad 🤣🤣

I have had all this hassle for a year now just couldn’t be bothered to change it all over to another provider but I have now cancelled everything I.e TV , broadband & phone just had enough so just looking what to get now 

0 Kudos
Joe456
Just joined
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

BT seem to have good guaranteed speeds. And for less than I’ve been paying virgin for crappy intermittent speeds. Was on their live chat and they were very helpful. Guess they all are though til they get your £. We’ll see though.

see ya virgin 

0 Kudos
sayekm
Fibre optic
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Why wait that long to ask here🙄 Maybe could have been resolved here lot sooner.

And cancelling direct debit without properly leaving a company leads to debt collectors at the door.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
M200 Oomph - 5GB SIM + 3 extra SIM family plan - BT whole Wi-Fi - Sky Q
............................................................................................................................
Don't cry over Virgin price increase instead speak to retentions team and negotiate a better deal.
0 Kudos
Brett8
Joining in
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Virgin don’t do anything to rectify the situation all they do is throw discounts at you which I find completely unprofessional just like the customer service absolutely appalling they have no clue what they are doing , I have been with Virgin nine years , so glad I’m now getting rid disgrace 

0 Kudos
sayekm
Fibre optic
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

What surprises me is if the service was that bad why pay for it 9 years.. you won't visit a restaurant again if the food was bad.

I persoanlly would not waste my time on the phone to the robots reading from a script and they insult you by saying reboot the router. You could wait for some very helpfull people here that maybe get to the root your issue.

Otherwse for feedback it's normally left at Trustpilot 🤐

............................................................................................................................
Don't cry over Virgin price increase instead speak to retentions team and negotiate a better deal.
0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

If you psoted details of the problems the folks on here would try and help you sort the issue.

BTW.... You dont want to get in debt with VM as they can be poor at rectifying it...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-56069345

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Brett8
Joining in
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Sorry who are you? 

if you read my messages I have not once stated it’s been bad for 9 years so get your facts right , I am saying that the customer service is appalling and the broadband is awful or should I say over the last 2 years it has been but I gave Virgin the benefit of the doubt last year when I was going to cancel , but now I have had enough of the broadband and the customer service so [REMOVED]

[MOD EDIT: Inappropriate language removed, please review the Forum Guidelines]

0 Kudos
sayekm
Fibre optic
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Luke..I am your father

0 Kudos