Menu
Sherratts
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Broadband

• Intermittent service now for 3 days. Reported and verified, no change, and more outs today speeds fluctuate for 0 to 100 within every 15 mins. Teacher trying to give lessons, cant get any replies or through to support despite 3 x 1hour long waits on phone. Text link sent me back to what I already checked. Re booted etc,etc,etc so I am beyond doing checks.
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Broadband

@Sherratts wrote:
  • Intermittent service now for 3 days. Reported and verified,

Verified how?  By VM on their service status web page or their 0800 service status line or by a CS agent on the phone?  Or some other way ?

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Sherratts
Joining in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi. Via 150, automated message after so called check intermittent fault found. Previously perfect with multiple lap tops, streaming, tv all at same time  now service drops out totaly

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

So check the “free & automated” Service Status number - 0800 561 0061 - which usually tells you of more local issues down to postcode level. If its showing on there there is nothing you can do until it's fixed - they will know about it and an engineer will be working on it. That number allows you to start the timer for automatic compensation for total service loss

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Sherratts
Joining in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Many thanks for that, will get onto that now. 

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
Sherratts
Joining in
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Only thing on that number relates to iOS 14 so not relevant to my issue. Worth a try. Sounds like a long day on phone tomorrow. 

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

That's the standard message when there is no known local connection issue.

Call in at 08.00 and you should get through quickly

--------------------
John
--------------------

0 Kudos
CLAMING
Joining in
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I have also had these issues for quite some time, I have managed to get to speak to someone at VM CS and was advised there are several outages causing the problems and was advised the planed time to be fixed is February 23rd.

0 Kudos