Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Broadband

Hi there,

Just wondering when will the Armthorpe area in Doncaster will get virgin media services? 

Many Thanks,

Dennis 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Broadband

Hi there

Happy to take a look for you

Will send over a private message for more detail

Thanks

Christy

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Legend
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

We've had it in Conisbrough for years.

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson
Aircraft Engineer & Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.

My Broadband Ping - 26_Aug_2020
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for getting back Mike. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Legend
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

The route that the cable system has taken seems to have followed the 'A Roads' from Sheffield going westward and branching out from those routes.

Is it all of Armthorpe that isn't covered ?

Go to >> Sam Knows << it will tell you what is available in your area.

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson
Aircraft Engineer & Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Well where I’m moving too in Armthorpe apparently doesn’t have it so I’m just wondering if there are going to install it any time soon.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Legend
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

The problem is that they will look at the area and see what is already available and if any other companies have got plans for the area.

Here in Conisbrough Yorkshire Cable came in before Sky became popular, YC offered Cable TV and Telephone with dial up internet in one package, Sky only offered TV, a lot of people jumped from BT and Terrestrial TV To YC.

Since then YC eventually became Virgin Media and has improved[?] the already existing service. Sky has added phone and internet to their TV into one package. Here lies the problem, will people move from a known package to an unknown package ?

And are companies going to spend a fortune on infrastructure to service a population that is already serviced by other companies?

Mike Robinson

0 Kudos