Menu
Highlighted
Settling in
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Broadband

Hi 

I’m having a problem with my router. It’s showing connected to devices such as my smart tv and sky Q box but isn’t allowing me to use the internet. I can however connect to my internet on my iPhone. This is strange but it’s so annoying as I can’t connect my iPhone to the smart tv to use YouTube. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: Broadband

Hi

Send me a pm with your account number and postcode and i will look into it for you.

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

hi try a factory reset by holding in the button at rear assuming you have a hub 3. hope this helps

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Settling in
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

I’ve tried everything. I rang sky thinking it was to do with their side but he assured me it was the router. I’ve noticed someone else had this problem and virgin sent someone out and they replaced the router. I only got the router yesterday and it’s been a nightmare from it arrived. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Have you updated your equipment with the new SSID and password if you only received the router yesterday?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Settling in
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Everything is perfect, the signal strength everything is working good apart from this one issue 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

So devices are connecting to the WiFi?

Have you activated the hub since receiving it?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Settling in
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Devices are connected but no internet connection. I’m assuming everything’s activated if the iPhone is fully working with internet but the smart tv and sky Q box isn’t.? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Well did you call the number to activate the equipment or not?

Your iPhone could be using the Mobile Data instead - most iPhones are set to use Mobile Data as a backup if WiFi is weak or not available.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT205296

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Settling in
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

No as it was a quick home setup and when I run tests the boardband is fully working. Also the iPhone data is off

0 Kudos