cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband

boggy1
Joining in

Two PC's have been working fine over ethernet. Today no internet access on either. One PC now working fine over wifi, but the other no joy whatever I do. Since my basic knowledge is limited, can I book a technician somehow?

2 REPLIES 2

MylesVM
On our wavelength

Hi Boggy, I'm trying to get an engineer booked myself but its a nightmare on here trying to get one of the VM staff to help out.

Just a few things you could try while waiting:

• Check all ethernet cables plugged in ok at both ends (PC and Router) since one is currently working over WiFi may have come loose
  • Perform a reboot of the router
  • Check Service Status for your area by calling 0800 561 0061 or 150 if you have VM landline
  • Goto https://192.168.0.1 on your browser select Router Status and Post your Downstream and UpStream Stats
  • Setup what they call a BQM - Broadband Quality Monitor www.thinkbroadband.com and share link in here

Akua_A
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @boggy1,

Welcome to our community forums and thank you for your first posts.

Sorry to hear you are having issues with one of your PCs. We can understand this is not ideal. I can however see you recently spoke to a member of our team regarding this and a resolution was offered. Is the issue still ongoing? Do you need any further help?

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs