Are the WiFi pods power line?

0 Kudos
Andruser
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Broadband

No, they're a wireless mesh system.  Should work a treat for most people, but reports suggest that (1) it's near impossible to contact VM for any purpose, such as ordering them, and (2) even if you get through there's availabilty problems (that probably relate to the global shipping container logistics problems).  If you get them free with your package, well worth waiting for, if you don't then the rental charge is rather high, and you may be better off buying your own - again subject to retailers having stock of a suitable mesh system.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

g0akc
Well-informed
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Broadband

There are details about them here

https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/broadband/intelligent-wifi-pods-existing-customer

including this

Our new Intelligent WiFi Pods connect to the Hub wirelessly, via the WiFi connection. They offer faster and more reliable coverage. They use cloud technology to learn how you use WiFi (where you use it, what devices you connect and the time of day you use them), and constantly update themselves to create the best conditions for your household.

Just a shame some of the links on the support pages don't work...

I'd go for 3rd party Mesh units instead such as TP Link Deco

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I know a bit about Wi-Fi, Telecoms, and TV as I used to do it for a living but I'm not perfect so don't beat me up... If you make things you make mistakes!