Menu
Alunsheppard
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Broadband wifi booster keeps cutting out

Since moving to hub 4 I’ve had constant issues with the wifi boosters and slow connections as well as wifi cutting out for 10-15 seconds every 2-3 minutes. Have re-paired the devices successfully a few times but still having the same issues every day. Was working perfectly fine on the old hub 3. Can you please help me?

0 Kudos
conman33158
Superfast
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Broadband wifi booster keeps cutting out

Try resetting the Hub first then re-pairing the boosters. Hold in the pinhole at the rear of the router for at least 50 seconds and then release (the lights will flash while holding in the pinhole reset button after about 10-15 seconds) then allow 5 minutes for the router to reboot and re-sync the connection.

***********************************************************************************************************************************
Super Hub 4.0 (modem mode) - Gig1 Fibre FTTP - Asus RT-AX82U & Asus RT-AX56U with AiMesh setup
***********************************************************************************************************************************
My Broadband Ping - conman33158
0 Kudos
Alunsheppard
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi. Thanks for your message. I’ve tried that and reset the boosters several times and still have the same problem. It works for about 1 minute then cuts out for 10-15 seconds over and over. Did not have this issue up until Christmas. Any other suggestions please as working from home is impossible with this service currently 

0 Kudos
conman33158
Superfast
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

The wifi from the Virgin Hub's are dismal at best. You would probably be better of investing in a decent third party router, that way you can put the Virgin Hub into modem mode and let the router deal with all the traffic. This would give you better wi-fi coverage and if you go for the likes of a wi-fi 6 capable router you would get better speeds. There are loads of options from Asus, TP Link etc and seeing as the VM Hubs are well known for their lack of wi-fi capabilities you would be better of using your own equipment, especially if you are suffering from poor wi-fi coverage and speed. I know it's a case of having to spend money that you shouldn't have to, but it really is worth it and gives you a better all round stable internet experience

Super Hub 4.0 (modem mode) - Gig1 Fibre FTTP - Asus RT-AX82U & Asus RT-AX56U with AiMesh setup
My Broadband Ping - conman33158
0 Kudos