Menu
mickshrimpton
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Broadband stopped working during isolation

Our broadband stopped working today. I spoke to Virgin support and they said they needed to send an engineer.

However are a house of four and we all have covid at the moment so it's not safe for an engineer to come for another week when our isolation ends.

We really need internet, for work, kids' school, everything. Can't even play Christmas music at the moment.

I understand that an engineer can't enter the house, of course. But is there nothing you can do to help? Could I talk to an engineer on the phone? Could you send out another hub? I have my Hub 3.0's network log if that's any use?

It feels like Virgin weren't even trying to help after talking on the phone, at the time when we need broadband the most. 

Anything you can do would be greatly appreciated.

0 Kudos
Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Broadband stopped working during isolation

As your household is isolating, there is not much you can do without a technician calling, however 

Try checking with Area faults on 0800 561 0061 or if you have a VM landline 150.

Try a 60 second pinhole reset as below;
Remove any ethernet cables from the Hub and hold the pinhole reset switch for 60 seconds. Do NOT reboot the Hub, just let it do it's thing. Note you will need the passwords from the bottom of the Hub afterwards, so make sure they are legible.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

mickshrimpton
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for answering. Unfortunately it didn't work. The hub has reset (I was using it modem mode with my own router) and reports a connection problem -- "your broadband connection is down."

I'll try Area Faults tomorrow, thanks for the tip. Fairly sure it's local to my address though.

0 Kudos
John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi @mickshrimpton

Thanks for posting. Apologies for the broadband issues and the personal situation. I appreciate the need for connectivity but if it's an engineer visit required, we'd need to wait until after the isolation period ends before booking this in.

Best, 

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

0 Kudos