cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband speed

Davidmac2021
Joining in

Hi, I have recently changed my contract with virgin and since I've changed from my old WiFi speed to the 1gig WiFi it's slower than what it was before and was wondering why this is. Is the cable into the house capable of 1gig or does that need to be fibre or is it the router I have got 

4 REPLIES 4

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Try a reset first that has worked for some.

Do a Hub “pinhole reset” - first make sure the 2 passwords on the Hub sticker are still there and legible first ! Disconnect any ethernet cables from the Hub (leave the coax connected), and then with the Hub still "switched on" throughout, press pin in firmly with paper clip/SIM tray tool or similar "thin thing" and hold it firmly for at least 60 (a timed sixty) seconds, release the pin, leave for 5’ to stabilise - dont manually switch it off at any time. Passwords and SSID’s will reset to those on the sticker.

See if that sorts it.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Davidmac2021
Joining in

I've now tried that reset its still not working this is the speed I'm getting it's pretty much like this all the time don't get anywhere near what I should be getting and what I'm paying for.

Screenshot_20221116_073319_SamKnows Test.jpg

Good Afternoon @Davidmac2021, and welcome back to our Forums!

Sorry to hear of the slow speeds on the connection since your switching to 1GB.

Can you please confirm if you're running speed tests with the hub in modem mode and using a Cat 6 or above Ethernet cable?

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

Hi I have now got this sorted