Menu
Paul621
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Broadband speed

Hi, I used to get 240-250 mb downloadat my mobile 1 metre from hub now I'm lucky if it touches 50mb. I am on ultimate oomph and received email stating it was going to 600mb in  November. I've tried rebooting and unplugging TV boxes but no difference. Any ideas. Thanks 

0 Kudos
tehwolf
Superfast
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Broadband speed

@Paul621 wrote:

Hi, I used to get 240-250 mb downloadat my mobile 1 metre from hub now I'm lucky if it touches 50mb. I am on ultimate oomph and received email stating it was going to 600mb in  November. I've tried rebooting and unplugging TV boxes but no difference. Any ideas. Thanks 

sounds like you may be connected to the 2.4ghz network?  you can check in the "connected devices" area of the hubs management pages (http://192.168.0.1)

Paul621
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the prompt reply tehwolf. You're correct my hub is set at 2.4ghz. I have accessed the hub settings page but it won't accept my password. I have done a factory reset and set a new password but it still won't accept. I have a virgin 360 box arriving tomorrow so will have another go then. I will let you know how it goes. 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Paul621
Tuning in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Nothing wrong with the broadband speed. The hub is on dual settings and my honer Chinese phone won't support the 5ghz signal. The Huawei which I got at the same time and gave to my partner does and tested at 230mb when l tested with that. At least I've learnt a bit about wi-fi and cheap Chinese phones!!