Menu
Abayrakdar
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Broadband service not available

Over the last two days including this very moment, although I rebooted my broadband router twice  all devices do connect to it but there is no internet service.

I checked the service notifications it says there is no outages, this is in souyh Harefield area UB9.

Is there anyone else who is currently experiencing a loss of broadband service, no internet?

Please do let me know, so that Virgin takes immediate action.

Two nights ago it took Virgin over an hour to acknowledge and announce a loss of internet service, strange don't they have alrams in there operations & maintence monitoring centres to alert them whenever the internet is becomes down?

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Broadband service not available

@Abayrakdar wrote:

strange don't they have alrams in there operations & maintence monitoring centres to alert them whenever the internet is becomes down?

They do. Node cabinets & mains powered amp cabinets are monitored. Individual connections are not, so if yours goes down on its own, they will have no idea there is an issue. They can read your modem stats, but this requires direct permission from the customer.

VM BB TV Landline PAYG mobile. Freeview/Freesat HD, Tesco Mobile. Customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Abayrakdar
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Well thanks for your reply, but as I said earlier just like last time it took them over an hour to acknowledge the outage of yhe internet service, just after I read your answer I checked again on the service and they announced the probletime m and that an engineer is on his way to fix it but the estimated of resoltion is 02 of June 16:00 just giving themselves a wide buffer time which is truly not acceptable and very week for a fix delivery .

Their OLA and SLA need to be re-looked into.

0 Kudos
Abayrakdar
Tuning in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi All,

Does anyone know their service desk help phone number to report faults and service outages?

Plesse do put it if you know it as it would be very helpful when needed again.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

There is no SLA for customers on a residential package. To get that you need to be on a Business package.

Re. contacts - see this.

As well as trying the “check service,” Area status webpage" (link at top right of this forum), also try the “free & automated” Service Status number - 0800 561 0061 - which usually gives the most up to date info. and tells you of more local issues down to postcode level. These may not be listed on the Area Status web page (Areas are not “Geographic” they are billing areas) as that usually only covers faults affecting 1000’s of customers) so phone may give you more info, but even that wont cover problems affecting just a few customers.

If nothing shows on there, try calling it in as a fault (free on 150 VM line - or 0345 454 1111 others - national rate) and see what they say when they test your connection. If they say it’s a known fault, get a fault reference number – n.b.- the UK call centre is still picking up and calling at 08.00 (Mon-Sat) or 09.00 (Sun) gives the best chance of getting through quickly.

You can also text them on 07533 051809 include account name/number and what the issue is – replies usually take longer and sometimes get nowhere

Or, finally a VM person should pick this thread up and be able to help but it can take a few days.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Abayrakdar
Tuning in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Thank you very much helpful.

0 Kudos