cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband router

Zooloo
On our wavelength

In last few weeks I have had loss of Wi-fi on several occasions. When I look on VM it says we are upgrading in your area. Last week when it came back I lost at least one of my named Wi-fi networks. Yesterday I lost Wi-fi again and VM posted upgrading. I rang them again and had to suffer someone who wouldn’t listen to my issue. I noticed I had lost about 3 more of my self named Wi-fi networks. When I looked in today my named networks still missing. I ran a VM TEST programme and I think it said a section of my modem might be missing and I should do a factory reset.

I could do that but I have equipment in the house which was set up to Wi-fi by contractors and I don’t know which connection they used. These applications are still working by the way but I don’t know how. My ring doorbell equipment is the one which will not connect I think that might be down to some of my networks being missing.

my issue is I could do the factory reset but I setup the named networks several years ago and besides not knowing all the names I have completely forgotten how to set up my own named networks. I am also concerned that factory reset might not resolve the issue and my reluctance is that most connections are still working.

I hope there is someone out there who can understand and help me with my issues. I have kept a photo of my network names from two weeks ago but there is still probably 3 missing from that.

2 REPLIES 2

sophist
Trouble shooter

the hub can only broadcast two different network names.. one on the 2.4ghz and one on 5ghz.  Given that you mention "several" i assume you also have your own 3rd party router/wireless setup that is broadcasting the other SSIDs? Or perhaps some wifi boosters or something?

Zooloo
On our wavelength

I have a third party extension to boost my signal around the house. Will it be that where I have my two extra     Network names? If so when I replace my virgin v6 with a 360 box will those two extra network names still be there?