Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Broadband quality monitoring

VM

Why send people here for help and then prevent broadband monitoring info being shared? 

Last week it was allowed and helped me (as you were unable to), this week it's not permitted and you removed the graph from my previous post.

Is this just another ruse to waste customers time?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Broadband quality monitoring

Hello

If there is any personal data stored on an image then it cannot be shared, for example MAC address of the hub, your external IP address etc, as this information can used by hackers to interrupt your internet, this is a public forum.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

No. Specifically cleaned and made sharable. 

It was permitted last week and several members commented on the problems it displayed. Even the image on that post has been replaced with a box with an X 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hello

I have just look at the image and it does have the IP address at the top left under your "My VM" of the image, that would have been why it was rejected.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Sorry, perhaps I'm just stupid but that's not like any IP address I've ever seen?

Nope, won't let me post that either!

But it has more than 30 characters in it!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hello

That one isn't but the jpg that was posted was certainly an IP address it was me who rejected it, very sorry for that I would not have rejected it if was not an IP address, the last digit of the address was  80.

Regards Mike

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Screenshot_20200720_141733_com.android.chrome.jpg

I can't see an 80 there, so why is there no way of uploading a 24 hr graph aymore. All the share options produce an invalid html message when trying to post and I'm not totally sure that the screen grab attached above will post either!

It produced all the helpful advice last week!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Hero
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Are you here looking for assistance or to complain about an image not being authorised ?

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson
Aircraft Engineer & Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.

My Broadband Ping - 26_Aug_2020
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

It was both really, but some support being given on my other post where I eventually shared my data.  3 hubs in as many weeks, a WiFi booster, endless pin hole resets and still I have unstable WiFi. 

Speeds are erratic. 180 mbps and then 3 mbps all in the space of a minute, in a small terraced timber framed house. 

Engineer coming soon, let's see if he has any ideas.

0 Kudos