Menu
Lee_De
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Broadband problem and no internet

Hi there,

I'm without internet since yesterday, the WiFi is on but when you try to connect it says "Internet connection not available" or "Internet access denied". I have Hub3, WiFi light and power light are on and stable, but broadband light is blinking since yesterday. 

We've tried everything and finally yesterday evening VM recongized a problem in the area and told that and it would have been fixed for 2:25pm today. Well, it's 4:41pm and we're still without broadband connection. 

I've ran again the service status and it still says there's a known issue in the area.

It's been more than 24 hours and we have to work and have zoom meetings, can I at least know when the problem will be fixed? 

Geographic area is London N80DU and billing area is 15.

0 Kudos
Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Broadband problem and no internet

You have a residential broadband connection. There is no SLA on the service and fixing problems is “best endeavours” by VM. If you want a service with guaranteed fix times etc, then you need to invest in a business account. 

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2
0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

As Tudor says.... and if connection is important for your work activities, it's always worth having a "backup" in place for times like this - a high Data SIM for 4G/5G for example

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Lee_De
Joining in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thank you both for the answers, but none of those are helping me.

I was simply asking what I should do/expect because I'm going crazy here and at VM none is helping. 

It happened a couple of times back in October/November but I solved the issue alone, now anything is working.

Ps: I have a sim plan but at the moment I can't afford a renovation, I wasn't expecting my WiFi to die for more than 24hours. So, thanks for the suggestion, but still... 

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

You will get the best info that they have by calling the “free & automated” Service Status number - 0800 561 0061

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Lee_De, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's great having you on board with us in the Community. 

I'm sorry to hear there was a fault affecting you. Whilst we wish we could offer a 100% fault free services, sometimes things happen. We will always try and fix things as quickly as possible though. 

I've not been able to check your account based on your forum credentials so I have sent you a private message requesting some information. Once I have your reply I can check things at this end to see what is going on. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos