Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Broadband outage at 2:30pm everyday

Since 16 April I have faced daily broadband outage. The failure of my system happens anytime between 14:30 and 15:00, today it was earlier as 14:11.  The hub flashes green, no internet connection. Internet can be out for a few minutes or several hours. 
mid it comes back after a few minutes the connection will be unstable for next 3-4 hours.  
All seems ok late evening and when I get up from about 6:00-14:00 it is very stable. 

virginmedia seem to be incredulous to this issue saying it can’t happen daily at the same time. 
help 

thanks Cem

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Broadband outage at 2:30pm everyday

Right - is it happening on a device connected by ethernet cable at the same time as on wifi ones?

If not its - just a wifi issue - could be caused by anything - your neighbour microwaving a Potnoodle? Other solutions and fixes apply then

If it is.... then the proof is provided when you Set up a free “Broadband Quality Monitor” to continually monitor the state of your connection and record any true network dropouts - it will thus allow you to differentiate between those and simple wifi dropouts. It does it 24/7/365 and it keeps a visual record of any/all of your network disconnections, useful data to have to match to the Network logs (in your Hub settings) and also in discussions with VM - note it will take an hour or two to start seeing a sensible picture.

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

You are correct, It is happening while a device is connected by ethernet cable at the same time as wifi ones. It happens between 14:00 and 17:30 daily.

I've signed up for a broadband quality monitor as advised  - don't know what it does or how to read it

Cheers

Cem

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

The explanation of what you are seeing is described on the TB website. Basically... vertical red bars indicate total disconnections for that period of time shown.

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I am experiencing a similar problem, affecting both broadband and TV. It happens every afternoon, and the automated phone service states that there is a network problem in my area (Stockport, SK7), and later on it gets fixed. I have spoken to service reps, who just give me the same story. Clearly something is going on - any suggestions as to how to escalate it?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Firstly - start your own thread with details of your specific issues and your equipment and what you tried

--------------------
John
--------------------

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Geoffreyc - or should I say Neighbour as I too am in the Stockport SK7 area. My escalation strategy has been:
1. to tweet about it every time it happens
2. Speak to the virgin media contact centre and
3. Joined this community

An engineer cam out on Monday - he did checks and waited until 14:35 nothing happened. Then at 14:45 outage, and I texted him. Apparently there are network issues and it has been flagged up to the local network service engineer.

Not sure what that is doing.
Cem
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Did yours go down today - as mine has been stable?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Likewise - mine was fine all day, and so far today. Fingers crossed!