Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Broadband often is not available

I lose broadband regularly, at least once a week, often more, for hours at a time.

i have run a service check (no reported issues) and done everything the website tells me to (wires, hub etc etc etc) and still no broadband. What is happening? Why can I not connect?

One time, when I eventually found the chat facility (and I can’t find it again!!!) they told me that yes there is a service issue.
this is very poor service - if there is a scheduled outage then perhaps virgin would be kind enough to email (not on the virgin email as that is out of action - why not use the email that is used for billing?)

When people ask me if they should go to virgin I tell them about my experience and let them decide.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Broadband often is not available

Lose in what way?

On wired or wireless connections?

What do the lights on the hub do during these periods of time?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Wireless on all devices.

the hub looks fine, just as it should.

but no connection to the internet on any device.

I have a tech background, so know I’ve done the checks ok. Plus, One time when I eventually found a chat facility they eventually told me it is a service issue, even though it’s not reported as one.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Post the network, upstream and downstream logs 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Please tell me where to find these logs and I’ll try to send them next time I have broadband (I am currently limited to 4G on my iPad)

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Go to 192.168.0.1 in a browser and click Router Status and copy/paste back the network, upstream and downstream logs 

0 Kudos