Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Broadband offline - cant book engineer online

My broadband has been offline since 6AM this morning  - the hub 3 is alternating between (solid green WiFi + flashing green Internet + solid green base) and (solid green wifi + flashing green base). Hub Status page shows internet access denied.

I've tried the online support which keeps asking me to check cables and restart the hub - I've been through that loop 4 times now including 2 factory resets but no luck - it also never gives me the option for an engineer.

Service status page lists an issue with TVGO apps but nothing for broadband.

Phone lines seem to be maxed out - can someone from VM help me get an engineer arranged?

Edited to clarify hub status page not VM network page

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Broadband offline - cant book engineer online

If there is a local or area issue you won’t get an engineer booked

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

As far as the service status page says there is no broadband issue, only the TVGO app. As my issue is with broadband not TV I would presume i could get an engineer, or at least confirmation that there is indeed a local broadband issue.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Call it in then 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I have been trying to get through but as I said the phone lines seem to be at max capacity so been on hold for coming up on an hour and a half - which is my 2nd call - that's why I have posted on the forum as I can see from other posts that the VM team members are able to help.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

@Cbell23 wrote:

I have been trying to get through but as I said the phone lines seem to be at max capacity so been on hold for coming up on an hour and a half - which is my 2nd call - that's why I have posted on the forum as I can see from other posts that the VM team members are able to help.

Forum mods can take a week to reply to new posts. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

As well as trying the “check service,” Area status webpage" (link at top right of this forum), also try the “free” Service Status number - 0800 561 0061 - which usually tells you of more local issues down to postcode level (that may not be listed on the Area Status web page which usually covers >1000’s of customers) - that may give you more info, but even that wont cover problems affecting just a few customers.

If nothing shows on there, try calling it in as a fault (on 150 VM line - or 0345 454 1111 others) and see what they say when they test your connection.

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos