Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Broadband not working

Hello!

I have an ongoing issue with intermittent connection of the broadband for the past 2 weeks. I have tried everything, from rebooting, resetting the hub and checking all the cables. Every day since I have tried to reach someone to help via live chat, phone, text, email, everything, however unfortunately I couldn’t reach to anyone. Finally 4 days ago I managed to speah with your Customer Support on the phone, he assured me that the issue with the connection has been solved. Of course, it hasn’t l. So two days ago I phoned again, and again I was advised that the issue was solved again...still nothing. 

For the past 2 weeks we have been forced to use our mobile hotspot to manage to work. I came to the end of my patience and do not know how else to approach this. If anyone can advise, I would be really grateful. 

I have the hub 3, using Wi-fi, the issue is on all devices. The connection is fine for 2-3 minutes and then it crashes for the next 5 and so on..

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Broadband not working

What is your contracted speed ?

………………………………………………………………………..

What speeds do you get at >> speedtest.net << with a direct connection using a Cat 5E or better cable between the Hub in Router Mode and a 1Gbs capable Pc/Mac/Chromebook and no other devices connected ?

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson
Retired Aircraft Engineer & Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.

My Broadband Ping - 26_Aug_2020
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

The contracted speed is 350 Mbps. There is no possibility to connect any cable to it because of the hub’s position. 

For all the past 3 years since I have it I have been using it only through Wi-fi

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

You need to test with a cable though 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos