Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 23
Flag for a moderator

Broadband not working again

Virgin media broadband has not been working since last Tuesday... Router shows a constant yellow light despite multiple efforts at resetting and turning on and off. As per usual there has been no reply from virgin media within their supposed 48 hour response to emails. Site says service in area is fine but really doubt this is the case...

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 23
Flag for a moderator

Re: Broadband not working again

Hello

I am afraid that for support email isn't an option that is possibly why you have had no response.

I have escalated to the VM forum team, somebody will be along in this thread to resolve it for you.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 23
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the post Cburd66 and welcome to our community.

Are you running the connection with any third party routers or mesh systems at all?

Have you pressed the pin hole reset for 60 seconds to refresh the services? Please also check all the cables are inserted securely and showing no signs of damage.

Thanks, Emily.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 4 of 23
Flag for a moderator

Using your router and no mesh system. I have tried all the advised guidance on your site re-resetting router, power, cables etc.

Thanks,Chris

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 23
Flag for a moderator

Hi Chris,

Are you able to receive a connection with hard wired devices connected to the router or is this issue only affecting wireless connected devices?

We're most likely going to have to replace the router for you, or if you'd prefer we can arrange for an engineer to visit and take a look at this for you. Let me know which you'd prefer and we'll get that arranged.

Kind regards,

Beth

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 6 of 23
Flag for a moderator

Hi Beth,

Problems.with both WiFi and directly wired devices. Ideally we would get an engineer and a new router to make sure it works.

Thanks,

Chris

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 23
Flag for a moderator

Hi Chris,

Thanks for coming back - no problem at all. I'll pop you over a PM so I can grab some details from you and arrange an appointment.

Please find my message over at the purple envelope.

Cheers,

Beth

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 23
Flag for a moderator

Hi cburd66,

Beth isn't in at the moment so I've picked this up-

Our systems have identified a short term period of network instability.

We believe it will only be a short term issue and it will be fixed very soon.

However, in the mean time, it would be great if you could check that the coax cables are connected securely to the Virgin Media equipment, any splitters (standard and powered) and to the wall socket.

Thanks,

Alex_Rm

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 9 of 23
Flag for a moderator

Hi Alex,

All checked. 

The internet has not been working since the 4th August. So this is hardly a short term issue?? Pretty unimpressed you are now claiming it's some form of minor network problem. Also the assertion of network instability implies the internet is coming and going. It has not worked whatsoever during this period. When can this be sorted? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 23
Flag for a moderator

I appreciate the issues you're experiencing are frustrating, 

However our Network teams are aware of the issue and will have it resolved as soon as possible.

Alex_Rm

0 Kudos