Menu
Steph285
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Broadband not visible

Hi all, 

Thanks in advance for reading this i hope  my description of the problem is legible. Essentially my desktop Win 10 computer suddenly doesn't seem to be able to find my Hub 3 network and can't seem to work out why. I have not had the issue before with this desktop, for about year have been connecting to the network without issue. I doubt distance is an issue. From what I can tell no other device whether it is computer, console or mobile has any issue connecting. I have tried the classic switch on and off a couple of times and resetting my wireless adapter, a realtek rtl8192ce. I haven't been able to try an ethenet cable yet though I believe it would connect fine. My best guess is a change in the setting by Windows update but can't seem to find what.

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers,

Steph.

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Broadband not visible

Have you updated the wireless drivers?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Steph285
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks, just tried it. No luck.

0 Kudos
Steph285
Tuning in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Found the problem. The Router was only broadcasting at 5 ghz and not 2.4 and my computer was not able to pick up the signal. Accessing the routers settings and activating the 2.4 ghz signal allowed the my computer to pick up the WiFi and connect on to the Internet again. I don't know what changed to caused this issue though i.e Whether my computer suddenly stopped being able to pick up 5ghz  or the rooter stopped broadcasting 2.4 and why. In any case, thanks and hope this helps someone else in the future.