Menu
James53646
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Broadband keeps losing connection.

Hi All,

I’ve been having issues over the last week where my internet connection keeps dropping out for long periods of time.

I've got the 200mbp connection. It used to run at that speed all the time, now on a good day it’s around 30mbps but the main problem is when it drops to 1 or 2 mbps for 10 mins or drops out all together.

All our devices are wireless and we’ve not added anything new which could cause problems or bought anything new that could interfere with the signal?

I’ve reset the hub but again got the same problem?

I can’t seem to find a number to talk with someone at Virgin and have tried all there troubleshooting.. check cables and all that?

I’m paying good money for this and don’t seem to be getting anywhere. 

Can anyone help?? Or at least does anyone have a number I can call to complain to Virgin??

Thanks for the help!!

James

0 Kudos
MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Broadband keeps losing connection.

A bit more information is required, please post the following ...

Please do this before posting the Hub Data

If possible can you set up a Broadband Quality Monitor (BQM) at thinkbroadband.com - this will give you an insight into what is happening with the signal at the other side of the Hub, it will take a few hours to get any kind of trend showing although you should post the link straight away.

Please post a 'Live Link' to your BQM on here straight away.

Instructions for posting BQM Live Link

Under your BQM graph are two links in red.

Click the lower link (Share Live Graph) then click generate.

Copy the text in the Direct Link box, beware, there may be more text than you can see.

On here click the Link icon (2 links chain to the left of the camera icon)

In the URL box paste the link you copied and in the ‘text to display’ box write My BQM then click OK - you can post the link straight away.

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.
0 Kudos
MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Can you please

Type 192.168.0.1 (192.168.100.1 in Modem mode) into your browser URL bar and press enter. 

Hub 2 & 3 When the page appears DO NOT LOG IN but click ‘Check Router Status’.

Hub 4 When the page appears LOG IN then Advanced Settings > Tools > Network Status.

Copy and paste the contents of the Downstream, Upstream, Configuration and Network Log tabs onto here, if you get a yellow / straw box warning click the Post button again.

Use one post for each tab if you wish.

Please do not use screen shots.

A Guru will be along soon to decipher the info.

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.
0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

What are speeds like on wired devices and do these also drop off at the same time?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos