Menu
Elsie450
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Broadband keeps dropping out

Have had this issue for months now. Installed the connect hotspot checker and it says ok in every room, but on daily basis especially when my daughter on video meetings as working from home it drops out. Has to use her 4G personal hot spots! Have tried all the usual things like restarting everything but nothing seems to work. Tried calling VB but long waiting times. 🥴

0 Kudos
lotharmat
Well-informed
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Broadband keeps dropping out

Have you tried splitting the 2.4 and 5G bands and disabling intelligent WiFi in the hub's settings?

------------------------------------------------------------------
Hub 3 - Modem Mode - TP-Link Archer C7

0 Kudos
Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Broadband keeps dropping out

Hi Elsie450, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's great having you on board with us in the Community. 

I'm really sorry to hear that you are having an issue with the wireless connection. Taking a look at the hub, I can see all the stats are good but I can see a coverage issue where a few of the devices are getting a low signal. They all seem to be on the 2.4 gHz so it may just be congestion on the band. Try splitting the bands like lotharmat has suggested above. 

As well as this, you may benefit from adding a booster or one of our WiFi pods. You can view information on our Pods here: Intelligent WiFi Plus

If you are interested and want to add one then let us know and we can order one for you. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos