Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Broadband keeps dropping in area 22

Tired of this virgin.... Should I transfer to talk talk ultrafibre for half the cost?

Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: Broadband keeps dropping in area 22

Is it dropping on both wifi and ethernet connected devices ?

Have you checked for “known network faults”? As well as trying the “check service,” weblink (at the top of this forum board), there is also a Service Status number - 0800 561 0061 - which usually tells you of more local issues down to postcode level (that might even not yet be listed on the Service Status web page) - that may give you more info.
If nothing shows on there call it in and see what they say when they test your connection and if possible, get a fault reference number.

Also, set up a free “Broadband Quality Monitor” to continually monitor the state of your connection and record any dropouts. It does it 24/7/365 and it keeps a visual record of any/all of your network disconnections, useful data to have to match to the logs and in discussions with VM. Make sure you uncheck the “ignore ping from WAN side” box in the settings.

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
Highlighted
Fibre optic
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator

richdac: So what part of area 22 are you?
Numerous posts regarding area 22 covering various parts of the country, me LS13 in area 22.
(LS areas are mostly area 22)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Fibre optic
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator

I thought that the "area codes" were billing codes rather than actual location codes.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Fibre optic
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Correct, better to include part post code as well to enable others to comment
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi Richdac,

Thank you for reaching out with your concerns, I'm really sorry that you've been affected by intermittent connection issues.

In taking a look at the backend of your account, I can see that there's an SNR fault in your area logged under reference F007427283. This was raised on 23rd September and is expected to be resolved by 3pm on 5th November.

It does look like we've had some issue isolating the underlying cause, but I've spoken to the local Networks manager this afternoon and they've advised that we should see vast improvement over the next few hours. They appear to have identified the main issue and have arranged to replace certain physical elements to restore full functionality. They've said they'll keep me in the loop, so I'll be sure to update you with any further information I receive.

Thanks,.

Rachael

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator

I have the same problem and am in area 14 (postcode S2), new built, is my area affected too? it has been existed for months, probably since my first sign up in April but I only found out in summer. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi shien87, welcome to the forums. 

Have you checked to see if there are any outages here

What you spoken to us to see if there are any issues? If so, what resolution has been provided? 

Kind regards 

Chris. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the reply. Yes I did. No known issues. The problem has been there for months. I have done reset and disable channel optimisation.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi shien87, can you confirm if you have spoken with the technical team and if we have had an engineer which has attended, kind regards Chris. 

0 Kudos