Menu
YmCam
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Broadband issues

Virgin Media problems with wifi upstairs and established needed to update router which we’ve done. Now having problems in all but one room, intermittent and the app is showing a mix
Of great and poor signal. Rang up many times and been through all the tests and established couldn’t deal with it and needed a tech call which would be 24-48 hours and nothing since. My kids are missing essential school and I’m struggling to work and really poor - thank for your help

0 Kudos
Megan_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Broadband issues

Hi YmCam,

Thanks for using the forums to get this issue looked into with your broadband, I am sorry if its been causing you some frustration. 
Usually what we would ask you to do is just follow these links in order to try and resolve it before we have a look- 
Slow Speeds Help
Intermittent Connection
We may also ask you for a bit more information so we can understand your specific issue like have you checked your speed using our Speed test site here? Also we may need you to use a BMQ graph to gain more of an insight into your HUB's performance, this needs to stay active for 24 hours so we can see a good chunk of activity. We also may need to you reboot your HUB so that the data on the HUB's logs can reset, this helps the performance and also helps us identify any issues on our side. 

Please let me know what you find out after following these steps!

Thanks,

Megan_L

0 Kudos
YmCam
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hello the page you suggested says not found when click on the link.

I have been through all these tests on 4 occasions spending over 15 hours on the phone and would welcome any help.

0 Kudos
Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi YmCam,

Thanks for coming back to us, after doing a full check our end I can see there aeren't any other issues other than a possible WIFI issue in your household, I advise you having a look at ou WIFI wins ,

As there are so many factors that can effect the WIFI signal , you can also try our Connect App with this you can run black spots and change the setting to get the best signal from your router.

Regards

Paul.

0 Kudos
YmCam
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Are you being serious I’ve waited 10 days to tell me this.  I’ve done all this and the rooms where it’s showing great don’t work and 2 rooms next to the router show weak and can’t work in there.  This isn’t acceptable and this router has made it worse.  So I’m expected to pay for a servoce I C’s use in one room?

0 Kudos
YmCam
Tuning in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Please can you answer my query.  It’s not been resolved or answered?

0 Kudos