Menu
Tuning in
Message 1 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Broadband issues

Hi everyone . i am desperate for some help or answers to this issue that i am having with my Virgin service .  Everyday since i was connected for the full package i have been having the same problems with my WIFI switching off regulary this is happening everyday and i have tried doing all of the trouble shooting advice from Virgin ( ie resetting hub etc ) running tests etc . i was supposed to be getting an engineer to come and check but Virgin cancelled it saying that they had resolved the issue using the online tests . i have tried phoning the helpline number 0333 000 3101 but thats not very helpful as that just tells you to run more tests etc . Look when i am paying decent money for a service i think that it should be reliable and i am serously thinking of cancelling .

0 Kudos
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 17
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Broadband issues

Which Hub do you have ?

What is your contracted speed ?

++++++++++++++++

Can you Login to the Hub Settings and navigate to the Connected Devices page - what is the reported 'connection speed’ for the ethernet cable connected device you used for the speed test ?

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson
Semi-Retired Aircraft Engineer & Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.

My Broadband Ping - Mike Robbo
0 Kudos
Alessandro Volta
Message 3 of 17
Flag for a moderator

You don’t pay for Wi-Fi though.
What are wired connections like?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 4 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Hi i think that you are paying for the WIFI service in your own home . how do you think that your mobile device's connect to the internet also when i was with BT  there was never any issues with the signals any where in the home also i was able to sit outside in my garden and use my laptop pc without any problems so i think that you should read my question again.

0 Kudos
Alessandro Volta
Message 5 of 17
Flag for a moderator

No. You pay for the connection to your home and then to your hub. The speed guarantee only covers you for connections made with a compatible wired device.

So again, what are speeds and connectivity like with wired devices?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 6 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Hi . i think that i am on the 516mbs package and the only thing that is connect to the hub with ethernet cable is my Smart tv everyting else is using the wifi network . i had no issues when i had BT and i had upto 8 devices all working perfect .
0 Kudos
Alessandro Volta
Message 7 of 17
Flag for a moderator

That was BT. This is Virgin. Different hardware and different cable technology.

0 Kudos
Alessandro Volta
Message 8 of 17
Flag for a moderator

@williebhoy61 wrote:

Hi i think that you are paying for the WIFI service in your own home . how do you think that your mobile device's connect to the internet also when i was with BT  there was never any issues with the signals any where in the home also i was able to sit outside in my garden and use my laptop pc without any problems so i think that you should read my question again.

You are paying for a broadband connection to the Virgin Media Hub.

vm-speeds

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson
Semi-Retired Aircraft Engineer & Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.

My Broadband Ping - Mike Robbo
Tuning in
Message 9 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Yes i know that . but i think that the service is crap. you can't phone anyone to discuss any problems . All you get is text messages telling you to run tests that are not solving the issues . And if you think that Virgin are a better service i would have to disagree with you at this time .
0 Kudos
Alessandro Volta
Message 10 of 17
Flag for a moderator

No one will assist with Wi-Fi issues.
If you want better Wi-Fi you can put the hub into modem mode and use your own router or mesh system to improve the Wi-Fi to your requirements.

0 Kudos