Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Broadband issues

I am having issues with my broadband. Since it install 3 months ago, my broadband drops about twice daily. I have the main hub in my living room and a booster in my bedroom. When I'm in the living room I connect to the main hub, but if I walk 10 feet to my bedroom the WiFi doesn't work, I need to connect to the booster. If I go to the bathroom there is no WiFi signal at all. I have reset the hub so many times but still doesn't fix the issue. If I do a service check it says everything is working fine. I've tried to report the issue but can't get to speak to anyone due to the current pandemic. I was with Sky before I changed over to VM and there was no issue with the broadband, it worked in every room and was great. The reason I changed was VM were giving me the same offer but £40 cheaper per month. Now I regret going to VM. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Re: Broadband issues

What are wired connections like? Do they also drop?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 13
Flag for a moderator

The additional box in the bedroom is wired to the booster, so when the main hub is down it affects the booster and wired V6 box in the bedroom. Everything was set up by a VM engineer including the boosters. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Do the lights change on the hub when the connection drops?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 13
Flag for a moderator

At first the power button flashes white, then three green lights come on the hub. It can take between 2 and 10 minutes for the main hub to come back on again. This is almost twice a day its happening. I have reset the main hub 4 times but still same issues.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 6 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Is there anything listed on the Service Status page?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 7 of 13
Flag for a moderator

There has been times that it says there is no issues and times it says there is an issue. The most recent one I checked was yesterday and says the hub is on line but there is an issue (whatever that means). 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 13
Flag for a moderator

HI Jokerharley1611, 

Thank you for your post and welcome to the forums. 

I am sorry for the delay in response here! It's not great to read some of the issues you've experienced here, I apologise for that. How has everything been since your post or have you managed to speak with the team since? Is it possible you could run a BQM and leave this running for over 24 hours so we can monitor the drop outs? This can be found; here

Cheers. 

Ryan_N - Forum Team - https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/custom/page/page-id/WelcomeGoodFolk
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 9 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi Ryan,

I have created a monitor account and added the details. Fingers crossed I've done it right and you can access my hub and monitor my connection. 

I spoke to someone via text message and they said to reset the hub but its not made any difference. It still drops but every other day now. So hopefully with the monitor you can see whats going on and get more information than I can give you.

Cheers

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Morning Jokerharley1611,

Just checking in?

Were you able to set up a BQM?

Alex_Rm