Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Broadband issues

I have been having internet issues since Tuesday following in from some routine works. I’ve lost 7hrs pay and my working from home this needs to be resolved by Monday. I’m now having intermittent issues which I’ve never had before so I can only think this is a follow ok from Tuesdays work. My employer want me back in the office if the problem continues next week.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Broadband issues

What issues exactly?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

We have upgrade on Tuesday and now the wifi keeps going off and I’m losing connection on my phone, work pc and the house. This has happened everyday since Tuesday.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Are wired connections stable and working?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

What is your connection like using a direct connection using a Cat 5E/6 cable between the Hub and a 1Gbs capable Pc/Mac/Chromebook and no other devices connected ?

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson
Semi-Retired Aircraft Engineer & Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.

My Broadband Ping - Mike Robbo
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I am getting 112mb, I have nothing connected and all is wireless . Still getting intermittent internet. Phone and film has stopped working on the tv and the family tablet has stopped working.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Was that speedtest done with a wired device?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

No it wasn’t on a wired device but on a mobile. The wifi sign keeps going off then coming back on. Also on the TV box 2 orange arrows keep appearing!  I need to try and sort this by Monday so I can continue to work from home during lockdown. Thanks

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

The tv and our phones keep saying no wifi connection then the fan symbol disappears.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

What is your connection like using a direct connection using a Cat 5E/6 cable between the Hub and a 1Gbs capable Pc/Mac/Chromebook and no other devices connected ?

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson
Semi-Retired Aircraft Engineer & Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.

My Broadband Ping - Mike Robbo
0 Kudos