Menu
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Broadband issues

I am getting no connection from my broadband lately. Twice last week and again today. Altogether 4 times in October. Twice no tv connection. Due to covid19 situation, I am now working from home and I cannot afford to have these issues. Each time I check, I get the same statements: We are aware that your area have broadband issues and we hope to get it fixed by 3pm. Twice it took more than half a day to reconnected and other occasions the connection came back with an hour. I lived in Huddersfield, HD4 area. Anyone else having these problems? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Broadband issues

If its a known problem it will be affecting multiple customers in your location. You just have to wait for it to be fixed.

As well as trying the “check service,” Area status webpage" (link at top right of this forum), also try the “free” Service Status number - 0800 561 0061 - which usually tells you of more local issues down to postcode level (that may not be listed on the Area Status web page which usually covers >1000’s of customers) - that may give you more info.

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your response but this has been going on for many weeks. Each time I check the status of the service, it stated the same issues and said it will be attended to. I get it if the statement changed and explain what the issues are. It is so difficult to email anyone, in fact I cannot find one. Calling always take a long time to get connected. So far, the services are back on and I hope there is no more interruption for me. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

The fix times quoted are estimated fix times.

And there is no email contact. 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi