Menu
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Broadband issues and trying to speak to customer services

Hiya,

These past few weeks has been stressful trying to get through to talk with a real person regarding Broadband Issues? Anyone else in the same boat? Firstly after 5 minutes (on the 150 number) the line just went dead (4 times this morning trying to chase why a tech visit hadn't happened). Finally got through to a real person after being on hold for 23 minutes, and the poor guy didn't seem to have a clue! A further 20 minutes of explanation of the situation left me somewhat bewildered! Has the whole of the old Customer Services department just upsticks and gone away, are we heading backwards to the awful days of the NTL service? Most frustrated yet again ...

[MOD EDIT: Subject heading changed to assist community]

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Broadband issues and trying to speak to customer services

Cant help directly - but VM always cancel a tech visit if they discover there is a wider area/local fault - they are not very good at informing customers though. So one thing you can do is check if there is one of those - as well as the “check service,” weblink at the top of this forum board, there is also a Service Status number 0800 561 0061 which usually tells you of local issues, down to postcode level (that might even not yet be listed on the Service Status web page) that may give you more info. If nothing shows there call it in and see what they say when they test your connection and if possible get a fault reference number. Best to call in the mornings 8-11 am.

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Broadband issues and trying to speak to customer services

Thanks for the info, much appreciated. I have a techie friend who's posted on facebook "There is an intermittent issue caused by someone’s property feeding noise into the network that is almost impossible to find unless it is actually happening at the time".......thay may explain the intermittent nature of the issue. 0800 number you gave added to my contacts, John

0 Kudos