Menu
Settling in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Broadband issue

Hello,

I've been having this issue on and off for the past 3-4 months now.

Every now and again I have a very poor network connection. It goea from 200+ mbs to 10mbs and stays like that for a few seconds then it goes back up.

Yesterday had this issue from around 7pm and this morning I woke up with the issue being fixed.

This evening since 5pm the internet is down entirely having the green arrows flashing - I have done every possible thing trying to fix it such as: restart the router, reboot, factory reset, took all the cables out and placed them back in, tried a fix through the connect app and now I am on hold waiting for someone from customer service/technical support for the 40 minutes.

Advices?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Broadband issue

What does the service status page say?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Settling in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I cannot attach a picture as it says it needs to be under 1mb.

The service page says "Sorry, but we have not been able to fix your problem. Please try the steps below" 

And the first step is: "1. Your broadband connection is down. Please check you coaxial cable is firmly attached"

0 Kudos
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

This page?

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/service-status

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Settling in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Screenshot_20201107-182139_Chrome.jpg

 this is what it says. Broadband is ok, with tv there is a problem in my area. Will be fixed by the 9th.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi OviDragan,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community, I am sorry to hear you have been having issues with your internet connection, I have had a look our end and cannot see any issues at all, you levels are all good no errors.

If you are still having issues I advise you to set up a free “Broadband Quality Monitor” to continually monitor the state of your connection and record any network dropouts. It does it 24/7/365 and it keeps a visual record of any/all of your network disconnections, useful data to have to match to the Network logs (in your Hub settings) and also in discussions with us. Make sure you uncheck the “ignore ping from WAN side” box in the settings if you see a wall of "red" - note it will take an hour or two to start seeing a sensible picture. please run this for 72 hours and post the results here so we can have a further look into this for you.

Regards

Paul.

0 Kudos