Menu
Dirtybird88
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Broadband isnt working properly & TV keeps pixelating

Hi, 

My internet has been unreliable for a long time sometime I have hub 3 it’s says I’m connected on my phone but internet doesn’t work and sometimes it fails completely also my Tv keeps pixelating. I’m permanently bedbound and I need internet to run my home I froze last night because I couldn’t put my heating on using my phone I can’t see who’s at my door and all my films are on Googleplay and being bedbound I get so bored I’m only in my twenties so as you can imagine becoming permanently bedbound was a struggle I need reliable internet I’ve even been in touch with BT I’m seriously considering switching I’m paying £50 for broadband and freeview with a TiVo box I have no use for a house phone and I can’t work so I need to watch my funds I can’t call virgin because I have a phobia about speaking on a phone. Please can somebody please help I’m not tech savvy so please dumb it down for me. 

Thankyou very much for your time and any help you can give. Take care. Rachy x

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Broadband isnt working properly & TV keeps pixelating

This seems to be happening to you regularly. I thought you said it was fixed last week.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Dirtybird88
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I did a reset it fixed for about 10 hours then started playing up I’m having to reset every day just to get internet to come on here. 
I don’t know what to do people talk about mesh systems and third party routers and putting it in modem mode but I’m not tech savvy so I don’t know what to do  I’m desperate at this point  

Thankyou for responding and any help you can give  Rachy x

0 Kudos
David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi @Dirtybird88,

Thanks for your post and I'm terribly sorry to hear of the difficulties you've been facing with the services.

I've looked into your account and feel that an engineer would be needed to resolve this for you.

If you're able to check out your self-care account you will be able to see when the appointment is booked for.

Any further questions, feel free to drop a response below

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

0 Kudos
Dirtybird88
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Problems fixed at the moment I’ll let you know if it starts playing up in the future. Thankyou very much for all your help. Take Care COVID Beware. Rachy x

0 Kudos
David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for coming back to me

Is it possible to still go ahead with an engineer visit? 

I'm concerned that the fix may be temporary, which has seemingly been the case previously

If this is not possible in the current climate, you are welcome to cancel the engineer via your self-care account or you may also get a text message that will allow you cancel the engineer, with Covid taken into consideration

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

0 Kudos