Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Broadband is constantly dropping

Hi there, 

I have troubleshooted my hub 3.0 so many times and I cannot understand what is happening. Through the day, my Wi-Fi is consistently dropping and, given that myself and my partner is working from home this is seriously disrupting our work. We are on 100 mbps so bandwidth is not an issue. 

Also, at night when playing games, I have seriously high ping and the connection is very unstable. 

I have moved the hub closer to the room. There is only 3 metres between our computers and the hub. But the same problems have still persisted. There are no known broadband issues in the area and I have factory reset my hub and turned it off and on again countless times.

I need help fixing this as it is seriously impacting our work life and down time during the lockdown, thanks.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Broadband is constantly dropping

How do wired connections behave?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

They were stable, the connection was to my smart TV and to my TiVo v6 box. But as we were working during the day, I don't know if the connection was dropping on the TV then. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Ideally you’ll need to test when wired.

If it’s just a Wi-Fi issue there’s little can be done other than putting the hub into modem mode and adding your own (better) network equipment.

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Given that this issue is happening under three metres on the WiFi, I think I'm going to have to call Virgin Media. I can't justify spending money on a new bit of equipment when I don't believe I caused the problem. Thanks for the help however, hope you have a good evening.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

@matthew_crame wrote:

Given that this issue is happening under three metres on the WiFi, I think I'm going to have to call Virgin Media. I can't justify spending money on a new bit of equipment when I don't believe I caused the problem. Thanks for the help however, hope you have a good evening.

You can try.
But they don’t promise or guarantee Wi-Fi speed or connectivity and you’ll likely be told that on the phone or be told they’ll “boost the signal for you” to get you off the line. 

0 Kudos