cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband intermittent

stussy26
Tuning in

I've had intermittent broadband issues in EN4 since 28 Oct. I just called and they say engineers still fixing it. Really? How long does this take to fix. I'm running out of energy on this. I phone virgin every week and every week they say it will be fixed!

8 REPLIES 8

Portery
Fibre optic

That sound like an snr issue they usually get completed in a couple of weeks but sometimes it takes longer depending what needs to be done. It’s not the agents fault they will be given a date and usually on that date if the fault is not fixed the date will move.  Usually if it’s another fault you can subscribe to it and once it’s fixed u will receive a txt.

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

SNR problems are very difficult to trace, often caused by people using non VM cabling and causing noise ingress.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

Thanks. Appreciate life can be difficult but 6 weeks for a service I'm paying for and rely on especially when I switched from BT for 6 years without these issues seems like something we should nor accept.

Hi stussy26,

Thank you for reaching back out, we are sorry for the inconvenience the SNR (Signal to Noise Ratio) fault has caused, we do appreciate your frustration especially has this has been present for over 5 weeks, as advised by Tudor not only can SNR be difficult to locate once found we generally have to wait for permission from the local council to carry out the work, depending on where the cable is this can sometimes take 6 to 8 weeks, I can see your estimated fix date is today at 13:00.

You can register for updates either Via Text or Email through your Online Account. 

Regards

Paul.

Thanks Paul, I call every week and every week they say the problem will be fixed. It has now been over7 weeks. Is this literally an open ended issue?

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for replying and for this update, stussy26.

We're sorry to hear you've spent this much time on the phone trying to resolve this, please be advised our call agents would be unable to offer assistance as this issue is down to our field staff (engineers) to resolve by physically visiting the site and doing the external / cabling work necessary.

We appreciate the inconvenience caused by these service issues, we can assure you our teams are currently working their best to fix the faults on the lines and will be sending further updates live on our service status page, so you can keep monitoring the page periodically or subscribe to receive our notifications each time there's a change on the status.

Please, have a read here for more info on our loss of service credits and policy as you may be entitled to this.
Also, do let us know of any updates and if the issue has cleared after 1pm tomorrow 15/12 as per the latest update on our service status and estimated fix time provided there.
Happy to assist further where needed.

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

I'm still having this problem. How complex can this issue be? What else can I do. 4 video calls dropped out this week

Thanks for coming back to us @stussy26, and I'm sorry to hear this is ongoing.

I've looked into the local area and can see the estimated fix time is currently set at 15:05 tomorrow.

We're terribly sorry for the extended period of time you've been left waiting for this issue to be resolved.

We will be sure to have any credits you're owed added to your account, via the auto compensation scheme in place.

Kindest regards,

David_Bn