Menu
Highlighted
Just joined
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Broadband intermittent nightmare

Our service went down for 3-4 days last weekend and since being fixed (and me downloading ios 14.2 on my ipad) nothing will connect reliably

I think my work is going to insist I physically attend because I have been late for so many external meetings as I've had to reboot my laptop several times to pick up an ethernet connection.  It initially tells me I have an invalid IP address and then on 3rd reboot lets me connect.

My ipad kept telling me that I had weak security after downloading ios 14.2 which VM tells me isn't true.  I did the hub configuration to try to get rid of the error message and it has but connection is still 45 to 60 seconds at a time before having to reconnect. I am using mobile data from ee to connect at home.

My android phone will also only connect for short burst.

The desktop computer will also only connect to the hub after work and troubleshooting.  

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Broadband intermittent nightmare

Which Hub do you have ?

What is your contracted speed ?

it may be a good idea to carry out a factory reset on the Hub …

DO NOT DO THIS if the password on the base of the Hub is not legible or missing.

Disconnect all unneeded ethernet cables from the rear of the Hub.

With the Hub Powered on use a paperclip or similar (I use a mobile phone SIM Slot tool) and do a pinhole reset.

Depress the pinhole switch for a timed 60 seconds then release.

DO NOT reboot the hub but allow it 5 to 10 minutes for it to boot itself up.

Once a steady white and no other lights are illuminated check your system again.

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson
Retired Aircraft Engineer & Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.

My Broadband Ping - 26_Aug_2020

0 Kudos