cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband drops since phones plugged in?

daria2
Joining in

Hi all, speed with virgin media is generally great however recently it has been having stability issues. A fair few are full on outages which they eventually admit and fix.

However the frustrating stability issues are the ones they do not acknowledge.

For example if on a teams meeting or video call I freeze for 30 seconds then all good again for 5 mins before I freeze again!! Only been happening the last couple of weeks since they got everyone to plug home phones into their broadband routers.

Anyone else seeing similar?

1 REPLY 1

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The solution to the Teams/Zoom issues is to never do these on wifi connections.  Plug your device directly into the Hub on a Cat6a ethernet cable and it will be rock solid.  I do this for any important ones.

Secondly you can increase the wifi stability by changing some of the settings in the Hub - what Hub model is it?  Or solve it at a stroke by investing in your own better quality wireless equipment.

Also see.. 

VM now supply “wifi Pods” (no longer doing cheap and cheerless and poor value “boosters”). However, their Pods are only free to customers on the 1GB, Volt (or old Ultimate Oomph) packages - is that you? If so they are worth trying - they should work for you. VM Wifi is now “guaranteed” to 30 Mbps/room it’s now called… Wifi Max

See if anything in here helps….

https://www.virginmedia.com/wifi-max

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.