Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Broadband dropping

Currently have a super hub 2 and the connection is so poor. Always drops, especially laptops can never hold the connection. Restart the router daily and also reset it multiple times but they have no effect. When a device does 'connect' it just says "internet may not be available". I wanted to upgrade to the hub 3 however the online link doesn't work and when I phone in the machine hangs up on me every time so I can never get through to an operator. Was hoping that I could get in touch with someone from virgin media.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Broadband dropping

A VM person ought to respond on here in a few days and offer to replace it for you.

Alternatively yo can call in 08.00 is the best time. Unfortunately a lot of agents dont know about the scheme and say "no that's an upgrade we have to charge you and start on a new 12/18mo contract" - neither of those statements is correct - so just say no thanks.

Alternatively you can call and say the SH2 wifi is faulty -if you can convince them they will just send out a Hub3 or a tech visit.

But you dont say what the issue is - is it just wifi related or do ethernet cable connected devices drop out at the same time too? If they do you problem may not be Hub related - but a VM "network connection issue".

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the reply

Ethernet is ok its the wireless connection that's not working

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hello aftab4h

Thanks for your post and sorry the link doesn't work online whilst you try to upgrade your current hub.

I am happy to get this sorted for you.

I will need to send you a private message to pass security 
If you can check the purple envelope top right of your screen that would be great 
Regards     
Gareth_L

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi 

I don't see any private messages from yourself in my inbox/messages.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hello aftab4h

Can you please check your Private Messages now 

Gareth_L

0 Kudos