Menu
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Broadband dropping - router red light

Hello

Over the last few weeks our broadband has dropped more times than in the past 10 years combined. This a total loss of connectivity, not just wifi etc. I use the virgin router in modem mode and my own router for wifi etc. 

As an aside, the power light on our router (hub 3) is permanently red. From my research, it suggests it's hot, but it isn't hot. It's also in a well ventilated place etc. 

Does this suggest a potential router fault and if so are Virgin likely to replace it? 

Thanks

David

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Broadband dropping - router red light

Hi David,

Thank you for your post on the community forums - I'm sorry to understand that you have been having some issues with your hub and broadband service. 

I've had a look at things this end and can see that your downstream power levels are out of spec. I've arranged for a technician to come out to your property to take a look. It's likely that he may also replace the hub as it seems strange for the overheating light to be on when the hub itself isn't hot. Please find your appointment time slot via your online account here: virg.in/myVM

Please let me know if there's anything else you need from us.

Beth

Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thank you, Beth. That's really helpful. I've moved the appointment time, but otherwise look forward to seeing the technician and hoping we get a good outcome.

Thanks again

David

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

No problem at all - be great to hear back from you then 🙂

All the best,

Beth

(DJ Cammy is great btw)

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Engineer was great. Minor issue with the router combined with localised network issue was causing the problem. Hopefully sorted now.

Thanks for your help Beth. 

(Btw, I'd never heard of djcammy when I registered the domain - total coincidence! lol)

0 Kudos