Menu
Pete28
Tuning in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Broadband dropping out

I have had no issues with my broadband until i received the following email from Virgin.

Hello Peter,

We wanted to give you a quick heads-up that your home WiFi’s just been optimised to correct a WiFi traffic jam.

Here’s what’s happened

With Intelligent WiFi tech on your Hub, it regularly checks on your WiFi performance to give you a better experience online.

Recently, it found that your gadgets were running into a bit of a WiFi traffic jam, so it’s switched them to the quietest lanes – or WiFi channels, as we call them.

Want more WiFi tips?

If you ever experience any hiccups or slow WiFi, head here for a handy step-by-step guide to get you back up to speed.

Hope this helps!

The Virgin Media team

I am now experiencing my devices regularly losing wifi connection for one or two minutes at a time. Why try to fix something that isn't broken

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Broadband dropping out

Do you have a Broadband Quality Monitor running? If so, can you post a link to the live graph? If not, I'd suggest spending 5-10minutes setting one up which will provide easy diagnosis/evidence of any connection issues.

You allude to broadband issues while quoting an email about your wireless channels being changed. The two should be independent of each other.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

lotharmat
Trouble shooter
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Broadband dropping out

VMs intelligent WiFi is anything but!!

Separate out your 2.4 and 5GHz channels, turn off WiFi optimisation and intelligent WiFi

You should be back to proper connections

------------------------------------------------------------------
Hub 3 - Modem Mode - TP-Link Archer C7