Menu
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Broadband dropping all the time

Hi everyone, My Broadband started dropping off line yesterday evening. It's got a little better today but, is still dropping off now and again. I've done the normal things. Rebooting the modem, Laptop. etc

Any suggestions. Is this a fault at virgins end or is it a hardware fault my end.

Cheers 

Bensonfive

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Broadband dropping all the time

Is it also happening on devices connected on ethernet cable? If you dont know - can you check?

Also ave you checked for “known network faults”?

As well as trying the “check service,” Area status webpage" (link at top right of this forum), also try the “free” Service Status number - 0800 561 0061 - which usually tells you of more local issues down to postcode level (that may not be listed on the Area Status web page which usually covers >1000’s of customers) - that may give you more info, but even that wont cover problems affecting just a few customers.

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Thank you for replying so quick. Yes I've already done a 'known issue search' all comes up good. 

Thank you

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Well I've reset everything. Made sure everything is connected nice and tight and I'm still getting drop off every 30 mins or so.

Thank you

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

@bensonfive wrote:

Well I've reset everything. Made sure everything is connected nice and tight and I'm still getting drop off every 30 mins or so.

But is that both on wifi and ethernet connected devices - or just wifi ones?

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos