Menu
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Broadband down

Broadband was down a few days over last couple of weeks. I know they are doing work in the area but it was meant to be one day. It has just gone down again. Service status says all is fine on phone number website and app. I can’t book an engineer as I’ve just been told to self isolate as have been in contact with someone COVID positive. I’m now stuck at home with a toddler and working from home with no internet. Can I book someone to plug in and look? Call centre says it’s shut what can I do? Also the lights flashing are not in the same option it shows in the website, the rectangle light is green constant, the broadband light is on green, then there are two arrow green in the middle flashing. 

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Broadband down

Try a factory reset of the Hub it sometimes helps kick the Hub back to life.

Note that a pinhole reset on a Hub3 can be a bit problematic - so do it (again) EXACTLY this way (not as the VM website says!).

Firstly, make sure the Hub's sticker/card with the two passwords on it is still there and legible or you will be stuffed ! If its not – DON’T DO IT !

With the Hub switched "on", disconnect any ethernet connections and then push in the “reset pin” with the end of a paperclip/thin nail/SIM tray “tool” or similar (bigger items like ball point pen ends may not press it in far enough) until you feel it at the “stop point” and hold it there firmly for a "timed" minimum of 60 seconds do NOT restart the Hub after that. Leave it 10' or so to stabilise and then your passwords/passphrase for both the Hub settings and the Wifi networks will revert to the two printed on the Hub sticker on its base/side/card.

Make sure you use the wifi one for devices connecting to the wifi and the settings/admin one to access the Hub (it is a six digit numeric one).

See if that sorts it.

If that doesn’t sort it - call it in as faulty (08.00 is the best time) and see what they have to say about the connection and whether ther IS a known fault - or wait here for a VM tech but that can take a few days.

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thank you very much for taking the time to help. Unfortunately it has gone back to the green flashing lights. I’ll have to wait it out. 

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I dont have a Hub3 - is that what you have - if so can you describe what light is showing what - or post a photo. Flashing wifi light is a known firmware bug and can be ignored.

Have you checked whether “known network fault" is still ongoing?

As well as trying the “check service,” Area status webpage" (link at top right of this forum), also try the “free” Service Status number - 0800 561 0061 - which usually tells you of more local issues down to postcode level (that may not be listed on the Area Status web page which usually covers >1000’s of customers) - that may give you more info, but even that wont cover problems affecting just a few customers.

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos