Menu
Octahedra
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Broadband down for two days, no service notification online

My broadband has been down since 1300 2/2/21. I called VM yesterday and they informed me that there is a local outage despite no indication online. They promptly told me it would be fixed by 1230 4/02/21. It has, however, not been fixed.

I tried calling to report the total loss of service but there doesn't seem to be an option to do so on the phone. If a VM member could kindly advice and report my TLS for 2 days I'd be very appreciative.

I'd also like to know when my internet is due to get fixed. 

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Broadband down for two days, no service notification online

As well as trying the “check service,” Area status webpage" (link at top right of this forum), also try the “free & automated” Service Status number - 0800 561 0061 - which usually tells you of more local issues down to postcode level. These may not be listed on the Area Status web page (Areas are not “Geographic” they are billing areas) as that usually only covers faults affecting 1000’s of customers) so phone may give you more info, but even that wont cover problems affecting just a few customers.

The "compensation "timer" can also be started on the 0800 number.

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/automatic-compensation
https://store.virginmedia.com/the-legal-stuff/terms-and-conditions-for-fibre-optic-services/automati...

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
Octahedra
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi John,

Thank you for your quick reply.

I called the 0800 number yesterday, there was no information for my area. 

Does the compensation timer start automatically? I don't hear an option when I call it. It just goes - i) Broadband ii) TV service iii) Home phone - then cuts out after.

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

No, if there is an issue it will tell you there is and then tells you to press some buttons to activate it.

However as there are no "known' issues there is no option. Note its still 04/02/2021 so still time to get it fixed - or maybe it has been - just reboot the Hub and see if has improved.

It may not have shown on there as the issue was restricted to a small number of customers - perhaps on one street cab - rather than many - its not a precise procedure 🙂

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Octahedra
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Rebooted - sadly no change.

So if there's no known fault, and I can' report the fault... 🤔🤔🤔🤔 Not quite sure how I can claim compensation... unless I like being on hold for an hour.

Yeah - I think it's my street, there's digging on the pavement several places. It seems they are doing something with the street fibre optic.

I saw a virgin van earlier, but the driver just sat inside then drove away after an hour. 😭

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Call in on the normal number and check with them. Get a fault reference number and estimated fix time.

--------------------
John
--------------------

0 Kudos