Menu
Aedrothica
Tuning in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Broadband down completely.

Hello,

Today my Internet dropped off, complete loss of service. I was on my Pc which I have hardwired to my superhub, I was only listening to Spotify and talking to friends on Discord. I have just broadband nothing else, 350mbps. As soon as I noticed it I turned off my superhub 3 and took out the cables, waited 5 minutes plugged them back in, waited for it to complete its cycle of booting up and it had the static light at the bottom which appears to be yellowish Amber colour. Waited another 10 minutes and nothing. I then went onto 192.168.0.1 signed in and went to admin and did a reboot again waited for it to come to life and nothing. So I called up customer service, when it asked me for my password and to key in the number for the corresponding character it said it was incorrect even though moments before I signed into my virgin media account on the website on my phone, I only have the one account and the forum account which I am on now using my phone, both different passwords. So I had to confirm some security questions fine... Annoying... But okay. Spoke to a very polite lady and she told me to disconnect all wireless devices and to unplug any ethernet cables and to set a timer for 40 seconds on my phone and hold in the pin on the back of the superhub which factory reset the superhub.. This **bleep** me off, but I can live with that. She said to wait for about 20 minutes once it came back on and to not try and connect anything. 40 minutes later still no Internet.

I phoned up again after trying to navigate the awful and unhelpful help and support pages on the website which don't really help at all once you have tried all options. I spoke to anl different lady, I explained everything I've tried, to be told it all looks fine on their end and that there is no local outages, and an engineer has now been booked. They are not expected to be here till Saturday. I still have no Internet connection, and there is nothing more I can do or try and apparently nothing virgin can do now either. I'm very frustrated and annoyed, this is not how I like to spend my day off work. I'm getting flashbacks to when I had constant outages for almost 8 months last year, with little to no help. I'm in the BR6 area and when I search online there is apparently no area outages, I'm perplexed as to what to do now, I'm making this post through sheer frustration and desperation..

Help? 😞

0 Kudos
John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Broadband down completely.

Hi Aedrothica

Thanks for posting. My apologies for the broadband issues. I've looked into this and can see you did have a tech visit that was cancelled due to an area outage. 

This outage has been resolved however, your downstream levels are out of specification.

This does need a tech to sort. I'll PM you now to assist further.

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos