Menu
mnt23
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Broadband down but can't contact Virgin Media

Hi,

My broadband has just gone down totally meaning I cannot work as I'm working from home. 

I followed the steps online but when I get to the section to book an engineer visit the link is broken, I just get sent to a page that says I typed the address wrong.

I tried to call, but the only number I could find immediately rings off.

I would use the message service but whilst I can find the box that says just click the button below to message us, there's no button to press anywhere.

I really need help but there seems no option at all? I can't get in touch with anyone. Until this is sorted I can't do any work as it's all stored online.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Broadband down but can't contact Virgin Media

You can call in or wait 5-10 days for a forum mod to respond.

In the mean time, have you checked the service status page for any known area issues?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
mnt23
Tuning in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I tried to call in but the number that I found didn't work? Didn't even ring, just disconnected. It was: 0345 454 1111

Edit: there is now an update saying they're working to resolve an issue in my area. Let's hope it sorts it.

Edit 2: everything seems to be back up now, so connection sorted which is good.

However, the original issue is still there, I wasn't able to book an engineer online, use the message service or call in.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

We dont know what the original issue was and whether it actually does need a Tech visit to fix or one you can sort yourself - what is it?

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
mnt23
Tuning in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi John,

Apologies if I wasn't clear. I accept that any internet connection will have issues at times, but I found it impossible to get in touch with Virgin Media. I tried the following:

Using online help to run some diagnostics then book an engineer visit. Once I got to the final step of booking an engineer the link was broken and took me to an error page.

Using the message service, but there was never actually a link to follow to take me to send a message.

Phoning 0345 454 1111, but it immediately cancelled the connection and I couldn't find any other number.

So the issue is that their online customer service seems to be down.

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

The number is working fine for everyone else AFAIK - the main issue with it tends to be long hold times and disconnects after an hour or so of waiting (hence calling at 08.00 is always best) not immediate disconnects.

And in here is the best place to diagnose issues and discuss solutions 🙂

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Update. Others on other fora are reporting issues getting through to CS. I checked on my landline and mobile and it gets the busy tone and disconnects - must be a technical issue on the line I have told VM

--------------------
John
--------------------

0 Kudos