Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Broadband down. Hub seems fine. External box open

Lost broadband last Friday. Was sent new hub but that doesn’t appear the problem. Reckon it’s between the hub and the neighbourhood connection. Box on outside of house is open to the elements with wires exposed

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Broadband down. Hub seems fine. External box open

Hi,

Please send me a PM with your account number and area ref number and I can look into this for you.

Thanks Chris

To PM just hover over my profile picture and click Send Message when the option comes up. Please don't post any of the info I've asked for in this thread as it's public

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi can you PM me your details and did you activate the new hub ?

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

have you had a look into the box outside? PM me and i can have a look

Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Chris

Thanks for replying.

Up until yesterday evening we had a Superhub 2. However on Friday our internet became intermittent before failing completely that evening. Although there was no obvious sign of a problem with it I switched of the hub and unplugged it. The plug unit was hot to the touch which was odd but may be nothing(?). However when I went to turn it back on the lights behind the display momentarily flashed then nothing. However poer was clearly going to the hub as the enthernet sockets had flashing lights. However our wifi connection continued to not work.

When I logged into VM on Saturday a popu-up said we were due a new hub. I requested one in case the problem was with the hub. We received our Hub 3.0 yesterday evening. I installed that per instruction, and our computer seems to find and connect to it, however the internet connection doesn't work. Diagnotics have seemingly rcognised a problem but offered no solution. Meanwhile my check of the box on the exterior wall showed it to be open with all wires exposed to the elements, though seemingly all connected.

The cables/plugs/switcher inside the house appear normal.

Kind regards, Adam

Regards, Adam

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

To all who replied. Forgive me as I'm new to this messageboard. Thanks to all those who came back. I chose to reply to the first received, and see that you all put PM, and I thought I was reply to only the first but it looks like i replied to all. I'm sorry about that.

0 Kudos