Menu
Ktmjohno
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Broadband constant dropouts

Hi

been having issues for many months with wifi dropping out needing reset each time , ive had engineers here who leave saying all fixed only for it to reappear a few hours later . Now with covid its impossible to contact virgin and even talk to an operator never mind book another attempt at repair .

So my question is do i leave for another provider after many years  loyalty i started with ntl  or go for a discount on  a very sub standard service  and allow another attempt at fixing our problem .Im most likely stuck with the first option as making contact with an alien lifeform is more likely than getting through to virgin customer service .

Johno 

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Broadband constant dropouts

Assuming your wired connections are all ok (are they?) then as VM don’t “guarantee” speeds over wifi (only ethernet cables) they only now supply “wifi pods” (not “boosters”). These are free to customers on the 1GB or Ultimate Oomph packages, and so are worth trying if you are on one of those.

Otherwise, you will be charged £5/month - and at that level of investment you would soon pay off that cost by buying your own better quality wireless equipment (not extenders) which will solve any wifi issues permanently, and will be transferable to other BB suppliers kit should you move supplier.

Get either a…

(1) Mesh System, (2) Wireless router, (3) Wireless access point or (4) A combination of (2) & (3).

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos