Menu
trowelhand
Dialled in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Broadband connection drops completely

• Since Jan 4th 2021 I have streamed to my college learners or should I say attempted to, but due to constant BB dropping out this has totally disrupted my learners progress, having informed VM via the app a engineer was scheduled to come out but alas within a text informed me the appointment was cancelled, I then attempted to contact VM by 150 but due to covid was informed to call back later, this has continued since the, as mentioned the 4th of Jan, let me add, of a evening the BB is flying but day time drops to a mere 5mb or nothing, to cap it all a email arrives stating the price hike, so I have to the 10th of this month to give 30 days notice, which I intend to do so, so much for being classed as a key worker, thank you VM on behalf of my learners as well.
0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Broadband connection drops completely

VM always cancel tech visits if they uncover a known fault - that may have been the results.

So check for “known network faults”.

As well as trying the “check service,” Area status webpage" (link at top right of this forum), also try the “free & automated” Service Status number - 0800 561 0061 - which usually tells you of more local issues down to postcode level. These may not be listed on the Area Status web page (Areas are not “Geographic” they are billing areas) as that usually only covers faults affecting 1000’s of customers) so phone may give you more info, but even that wont cover problems affecting just a few customers.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos