Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Broadband and WiFi issue with gig1 speed. Extremely poor service

Recently upgraded to Hub 4 and gig1. Continuing  issues with WiFi. Was told engineers working locally and will be sorted by 11/11, then 12/11, then 16/11.

Daughter took online school lessons this evening. No WiFi at all. Could not have the once a week lesson that lasts 1 hour. Teacher has charged full money for it. Unhappy about it and expect an answer from virgin.

I do not understand what’s the point in taking the highest broadband speed when virgin cannot even offer basic speed. 

I would rather have Sky broadband which guarantees you the minimum speed.

can some from virgin contact me reg above issue pl as I need sorting ASAP as all of us are working from home. I am also an essential key either in nhS and do regular clinics ( video consultation) from home .

it’s LS17 area in Leeds 

my virgin a/c no is [REMOVED]

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post. Please do not post personal or private information in your public posts. Please review the Forum Guidelines]

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Broadband and WiFi issue with gig1 speed. Extremely poor service

hub 4 making VM look bad but you could fix that by using the hub in modem mode and getting a better wireless router with 1Gb ports.
---------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Broadband and WiFi issue with gig1 speed. Extremely poor service

Virgin guarantee minimum speed to be delivered to the hub.

What is a wired connection like?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos