Menu
lonman
Tuning in
Message 1 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Broadband and Phone issues

Since March 2021 I have experienced what I can only describe as a very poor service with my broadband and telephone service. Nobody in VM can tell me what the problem is all we get told is that VM are improving the service. This is not only myself that is having the issue as it appears that it is in my postcode area. The issue is that WiFi keeps dropping, and when trying to call customer service it will ring then drop the call for no reason.

I would appreciate  a reply from someone in VM customer service to tell me what is going on. I will put first part of postcode which is London E16

0 Kudos
MyKeRoB
Joining in
Message 2 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Re: Broadband and Phone issues

WiFi drop outs. Can somebody point me in the direction to get the WM wifi extenders?.

I have already got the signal app and 3 out of 6 rooms at home are losing signal and.ive put up for months but now it is really annoying. Cannot even walk toy front door without WiFi signal dropping and reverting.mobiles to data plan

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Try calling again. Call it in on 150 (VM Phone - free) or 0345 454 1111 (any other phone - national rate). Calling at 08.00 midweek (09.00 Sun) is the best time to get through quickly. Although some people are still reporting getting through fine at other times with no long waits

If you get cut off after an automated reboot cycle, just call back in a couple of minutes as the system should know that you have just been on and it hasn’t helped and put you in the queue. Or try options 1,1,4,4, “thinking of leaving” - they usually pick those calls up quickly and then transfer you to the appropriate queue (or cut you off !).

A VM person should pick this up here and respond, but it can take a few days for them to get here.

MyKeRoB - if you want help start your own thread - dont tag on to others

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
lonman
Tuning in
Message 4 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Hi thanks for reply, I have already called on150, but get conflicting answers, and cannot get anybody to tell me what is wrong. Would be nice if VM would admit there is a problem, and tell their customers.

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 22
Flag for a moderator

To check for issues in your postcode, try the “free & automated” Service Status number - 0800 561 0061 - which usually gives the most up to date info. and tells you of more local issues down to postcode level. These may not be listed on the Area Status web page (Areas are not “Geographic” they are billing areas) as that usually only covers faults affecting 1000’s of customers) so phone may give you more info, but even that wont cover problems affecting just a few customers.

A VM person will take few days to reply here and give some info.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Zoie_P
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Hi Ionman, 

Thanks for your post, I am so sorry to hear you have been having issues.

I have located your account and can see you are affected by a congestion issue, the estimated fix date is 03 MAY 2021 15:00 

Zoie

0 Kudos
lonman
Tuning in
Message 7 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Good Afternoon Zoie_P,

Thank you for your reply, can you please explain what you mean by a congestion issue, and what is the fix for it.

Ray

0 Kudos
Zoie_P
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Hi Ionman,

We do not go into specifics of outages, please let us know if you're still having issues after the fix date?

Zoie

0 Kudos
lonman
Tuning in
Message 9 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Hi Zoie_P,

Time is 4.12pm and the WiFi is still the same as it was before so much for 3pm fix time  I have already sent complaint email this morning, regarding this issue. VM are going downhill in my books taking far too long to fix the issue from March.

Ray

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 10 of 22
Flag for a moderator

The fix times are estimated only and are likely to change.

A residential service has no SLA for faults and repairs so a complaint will be pretty fruitless. 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos