Menu
crhe
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Broadband & TV - do I need an upgrade?

Hi all, 

I am currently on a Player Bundle, with M100 Fibre Broadband, Tivo 500GB Box and talk weekends. We are having 2 issues currently. 

1) The tv box gives a box image with blocks of colour and breaks in sound - sometimes worse than others. It's not the tv the firestick works fine. Is this a fault?

2) Homeschooling has meant we now have 12 devices (which I can think of!) in the house which connect to the wifi - not usually all running at the same time, but usually a fair number. We often have multiple zoom calls running at the same time and some of the devices struggle quite a lot with this - it always seems to be the same devices so I don't know if this is due to broadband speed (if I need to upgrade - what should I upgrade to?) or due those specific devices e.g. one is a new laptop bought in March 2020?

Any thoughts on both of these issues I'd be grateful to hear! 

Thanks, 

Camilla

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Broadband & TV - do I need an upgrade?

Is it a Tivo or V6 if Tivo then that gets all of its connections from the coax cable connection it has no need to be connected to the Hub - is it just online content (catch up, etc) or do normal channels BBC/ITV etc have the same issues.

If it is a V6 - is that connected to the Hub on wifi or ethernet cable.

Can you connect any of the zooming devices directly to the Hub by ethernet cables? That will give the best possible connection and it shouldn't drop out and will take the load off wifi connections.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
crhe
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi John, 

Thanks for the reply - 

The TV box is TIVO and it's on everything - live and on demand tv. 

The devices we're using zoom for are used in different rooms (different calls) and often 3 calls at once - it is not practical for us to connect via ethernet. 

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re the Tivo then - you willl have to call in to VM and see what they say when they test it. Calling at 08.00 is the best time to get through quickest.

If you dont want to connect on ethernet can you test it on a test zoom for a n hour or so to see if its stable when other wifi connections are dropping? Just trying to distinguish whether the issue is a wifi only one that you should solve or a VM network connection issue that only they can sort

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos