cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband/Telephone Outage

daryl-t
Tuning in

Last night my internet and phone service went down at 02:30 (12/11/2023). Done all the usually troubleshooting (pin reset etc) but still have blinking red LED on router -- also had difficulties with the phone app trying to get on with my mobile service to check status.

Had difficulties getting through to speak to someone at VM (this morning) but finally did only to be told that I need to wait 24 hours -- I have a strong suspicion that it is not just a simple issue and will eventually need an engineer to look in to this problem

Was told that there is no wider area issues and that it could be localised to my service. This is frustrating as I heavily rely on my internet due to poor health.

Side note, wish OpenReach didn't stop investing in G.Fast technology as my service with TalkTalk was superior to VM!

1 REPLY 1

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Try the “free & automated” Service Status number - 0800 561 0061 - which usually gives the most up to date info. and tells you of more local issues and fix estimates, down to street cab/ postcode level.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.